W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > February 2008

Draft minutes: XML sec weekly 2008-02-12

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:32:09 +0100
To: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20080212143209.GD185@iCoaster.does-not-exist.org>

Draft minutes from our meeting are here:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes

I'm including a text version below the .signature.
-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>



   [1]W3C

                                   - DRAFT -

      XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference

12 Feb 2008

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Thomas Roessler, Rod Miller, Frederick Hirsch, John Wray, PHB,
          Bruce Rich, Sean_Mullen, Hal_Lockhart, Ed_Simon

   Regrets
          Shivaram Mysore

   Chair
          Frederick Hirsch

   Scribe
          tlr, fjh

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]administrivia
         2. [6]minutes approval
         3. [7]xml sig 2nd ed
         4. [8]TEst case document as note
         5. [9]EXI
         6. [10]Best Practices
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________

administrivia

   fjh: two status questions: chartering, test suites

   <fjh> tlr: W3C document license for test suites

   <fjh> tlr: does not allow derivative works, but can distribute without
   modification

   <fjh> tlr: do we need apache license?

   [12]http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-2002123
   1

   <fjh> sean: can you please share link for W3C document license

   <fjh> ACTION: sean to look at W3C document license compatibility with
   sharing test cases with Apache [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-145 - Look at W3C document license
   compatibility with sharing test cases with Apache [on Sean Mullan - due
   2008-02-19].

minutes approval

   minutes from last meeting:
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-minutes

   <fjh>
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0
   013.htm

   RESOLUTION: approved

xml sig 2nd ed

   fjh: no major comments, Thomas added links from N/A for IBM to
   explanation
   ... would like to move forward into process ...
   ... step for wg is to seek transition to PER ...
   ... then transition meeting with director, AC, then transition to REC
   ...
   ... would like to get it started now ...

   PROPOSED: To seek transition of XML Signature to PER.

   <brich> +1

   RESOLUTION: To seek transition of XML Signature draft to PER.

Test case document as note

   <PHB> [going off irc for a minute]

   fjh: Sean, you did some work on it
   ... might need some status updates ...

   sean: haven't checked in
   ... fixed some things ...
   ... document contains relative URI references ...
   ... document needs context ...

   tlr: umh. Either way should work.

   sean: would rather not spend time changing it.
   ... fjh, what do you mean by "references need adjustment" ...

   fjh: something looked wrong in my browser
   ... will check again ...

   sean: shortname?

   fjh: thomas had a proposal

   xmldsig-tests, xmldsig2ed-tests

   <fjh>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0
   009.html

   ed: would like it to be xmlsig not xmldsig for future version

   tlr: that's a different discussion

   fjh: xmldsig sounds good

   PROPOSED: xmldsig-tests

   fjh: let's not get it confused with 1st ed

   xmldsig2nded-tests

   xmldsiged2-tests

   <fjh> PROPOSED: xmldsig2ed-tests

   fjh: ed, opinions?

   ed: not opinionated

   +1 to xmldsig2ed-tests

   <brich> +1

   <EdS> +1

   RESOLUTION: to publish test suite document as Note, shortname
   xmldsig2ed-tests

   <fjh> ACTION: frederick to review test case references formatting issue
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-146 - Review test case references
   formatting issue [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-02-19].

   sean: need to do a few changes still

   fjh: maybe check in now?

   tlr: +1

   sean: will take look after the meeting, check in then

   <fjh> sean: will scribe next week

EXI

   <fjh> scribenick: fjh

   defer until next time when Juan Carlos on call

Best Practices

   starting soon

   <tlr> ScribeNick: tlr

   fjh: adjourned

   rragent, draft minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: frederick to review test case references formatting issue
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: sean to look at W3C document license compatibility with
   sharing test cases with Apache [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/02/12 14:31:03 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0005.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes#ActionSummary
  12. http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231
  13. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01
  14. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-minutes
  15. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0013.htm
  16. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0009.html
  17. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02
  18. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02
  19. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01
  20. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  21. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 12 February 2008 14:32:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 12 February 2008 14:32:24 GMT