Comments from Norm Walsh on Relax NG - DSIG Schema

Comments received from Norm Walsh.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM [mailto:Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM]
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:52 AM
To: David Orchard
Cc: Hal Lockhart
Subject: Re: Help with Relax NG

/ David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> was heard to say:
| XML Dsig is interested in using RelaxNG.  I'm wondering if you could
| help them out at all?  Hal can provide a bit more details.

I'd be happy to.

|  http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-rngschema/

I'm not sure exactly what questions you might have, but a quick glance
at the schema you've got suggests that it's been very literally
translated from XSD. I'd be inclined to structure it a little bit
differently.

start = Signature

Signature = element Signature {
   attribute Id { xsd:ID }?,
   attribute xsi:schemaLocation { xsd:anyURI }?,
   SignedInfo, SignatureValue, KeyInfo?, Object*
}

SignedInfo = element SignedInfo {

In the vocabularies that I write, I usually use lowercase for the
names of elements and attributes. In those cases, I sometimes find it
convenient to use uppercase for the names of patterns, but it isn't
necessary. In the case of DocBook, I started all the pattern names
with 'db.'. Again, just a convenience.

Anyway, feel free to get in touch or give me a call if you'd like my
help.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

P.S. ndw@nwalsh.com is a more stable email address for me :-)