W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > September 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-09-18

From: ext Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:26:08 -0400
Message-Id: <D2B58B99-9B36-4078-B890-ED8A59EF0A51@nokia.com>
Cc: Hirsch Frederick <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 18 September 2007
Distributed Meeting #18

NOTE: Call length updated to be 90 minutes, same start time.

9-10:30 am Eastern Time
(6-7:30am Pacific, 1400-1530 Dublin, 1500-1630 CET, 1600-1730 Crete)

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge:
       +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
     irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
     <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair:
    Thomas Roessler

Regrets:
    Frederick Hirsch (possibly)

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a) Juan Carlos is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

    Scribe Instructions (updated):
    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

Note - Change to 90 minutes from 60, same start time.

NO TELECONFERENCE 25 September -  Workshop 25-26 September. Interop  
27 Sept.

November plenary, 8-9 November (and possibly 10th) scheduled
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0005.html

Hotel reservation deadline
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/ 
0013.html

2) Review and approval of last meeting's minutes

http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-xmlsec-minutes

3) Action item review

    Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
    Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[OPEN] ACTION-26: Thomas Roessler to draft CG note draft for  
submission to XML CG - due 2007-08-30
[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-81: Frederick Hirsch to Update digest values in section  
2 examples when we have test cases which produce values (or else  
insert dots) - due 2007-10-05

Done, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Sep/0005.html

Keep open with new date as reminder to update examples from interop  
test cases.

[OPEN] ACTION-82: Konrad Lanz to Add test case for XPointer URI  
encoding, including bracket characters - due 2007-08-28

[OPEN] ACTION-83: Konrad Lanz to Look for test cases that might  
indicate the change to 4.3.3.1 is conformance-affecting - due 2007-08-28

[OPEN] ACTION-90: Konrad Lanz to Ensure that the inputs for both  
c14n11 test directories are the same - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-91: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Interop editors to plan and  
distribute work to complete interop tests by next week - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-92: Thomas Roessler to Send note to XML Core indicating  
potential issue with Appendix A - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-93: Konrad Lanz to Look at xml core list for additional  
xml:base test cases - due 2007-09-18

4) XML Signature Draft Status Update

Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core

No changes, stable.

5) Workshop

Program:  http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/agenda.html

No issues.

6) Interop

6a) Recommendations from implementors and test case editors regarding  
Appendix A

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/ 
testcases.html#XMLBASE_ANNEXA

Recommended changes to Appendix A, status of implementation and  
interop test document.

Work Group Resolution on this call to agree to Appendix A changes and  
to interop based on those changes?
Communication of those proposed changes to XML Core.

6b) status of completion of sections 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 of interop document

Section 3.3, Implicit/Explicit rules
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/ 
testcases.html#TestCases-DefaultCan

Section 3.4 XPointers
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/ 
testcases.html#TestCases-SchemaBasedXPointers

Section 3.5 DNs
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/ 
testcases.html#TestCases-DistinguishedName

6c) Status of implementations of xml:id, xml:space, xml:lang and  
xml:base test cases

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/ 
testcases.html#TestCases-Can-XMLAttributes

6d) Authors/Editors of document updated to include Sean?

6e) Recommendation for regression tests?

Agree to use merlin-xmldsig-twenty-three.tar.gz?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2002AprJun/ 
att-0016/01-merlin-xmldsig-twenty-three.tar.gz

http://www.w3.org/Signature/2001/04/05-xmldsig-interop.html

6f) Review and next steps for test cases document

Editors Draft link: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig- 
interop-doc/testcases.html


7) Best Practices - reversibility warning

Request for ASN.1 expert review - Ed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0035.html

Put latest draft text on wiki?

- additional review for warning
- add item to interop test draft

8) Decryption Transform

8a) Change to correspond to Signature change regarding fragments  
(ACTION-76)

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Aug/0012.html

8b) In general, more changes needed related to XPointer issues

9) Any other business

10) Adjourn

Scribe list
-----------
Elisabetta Carrara
Ram Mohan
Chris Nautiyal
Rich Salz
Daniel Schutzer
Andrew Sullivan
Panagiotis Trimintzios
Tarun Tyagi
Gregory Berezowsky (F2F 3 May 07 am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007)
Donald Eastlake (12 June 2007)
Peter Lipp (Konrad, 19 June 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007)
Received on Tuesday, 11 September 2007 15:26:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:02 GMT