W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > October 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-10-30

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:03:15 -0400
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <6D1429F4-0C51-4694-BB78-F55F5D5B9389@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 30 October 2007
Distributed Meeting #22

9-10:30 am Eastern Time

Important Note
Due to a discrepancy between the US and European daylight saving time  
changes the meeting time may be different in Europe for this call.  
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 

(Boston 9am, Dublin 1pm, CET/Paris 2pm, Helsinki 3pm)

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: none

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Ed Simon is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):

1b)   Meeting planning

i) Next meetings

Meeting schedule is available on WG Administrative page:

No XMLSec WG teleconference 6 November, due to F2F on Thursday and  

i) Joint meeting with XML Core re C14N11 CR Tuesday 6 November  
(Please note correction, the meeting is on Tuesday 6 November).
Open only to registered members of XML Core or XML Security WGs,  
which includes invited experts.
If using bridge please indicate so on XML Core IRC.

ii) XML Security WG F2F Thursday - Friday, 8-9 November
13:30-18:00  Thursday, 8:30 - 18:00 Friday.
Draft agenda (v3) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 

iii) Next teleconference 6 November.

iv) Note: No meeting 20 November (Thanksgiving week in US).

2) Minutes

2a) Review and approval of minutes

2007-10-23 Teleconference

http://www.w3.org/2007/10/23-xmlsec-minutes.html (member)

3) XML Signature

XML Signature Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/ 

3b) New issue: Section and ds:Reference URI attribute value

4) Plenary

4a) Revised draft agenda:

4b)  XML Core C14N11 Preparation

C14N11 XML Core actions:
i) Revert wording in section 2.4, proposed change accepted.
ii) Glenn in XML Core to propose wording regarding xml:base fixup
iii) Konrad to propose change for Appendix A

4) Chartering

Changes and review of wiki draft


5) Interop update

5a) Status of implementation updates to correct for xml:base processing?
section 2.4 of C14N11


5b) Interop report

Format and drafting

7) Best Practices

7a) Help on ASN.1 - reversibility warning

Request for ASN.1 expert review - Ed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 

7b) Practices from Workshop and XMLSec meetings?

8) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-81: Frederick Hirsch to Update digest values in section  
2 examples when we have test cases which produce values (or else  
insert dots) - due 2007-10-05

Done, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

[OPEN] ACTION-93: Konrad Lanz to Look at xml core list for additional  
xml:base test cases - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-98: Konrad Lanz to Send e-mail to summarize dname  
related interop issue to public list - due 2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-99: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review interop report to  
record open issues and actions resulting from interop testing - due  

[OPEN] ACTION-102: Thomas Roessler to Write up choice re -  
due 2007-10-30

Done, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

[OPEN] ACTION-103: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up with implementers to  
look at which choice wrt ACTION-102 they actually have taken - due  

[OPEN] ACTION-104: Thomas Roessler to Contact Martin D, get handle on  
HRRI / IRI / charmod issues - due 2007-10-30

[OPEN] ACTION-105: Frederick Hirsch to Start issues list for best  
practices - due 2007-10-30

9) Decryption Transform

9a) Change to correspond to Signature change regarding fragments

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

9b) In general, more changes needed related to XPointer issues

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

Scribing  list
Ed Simon (26 June 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007, 23 October 2007)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Received on Wednesday, 24 October 2007 22:03:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:58:43 UTC