Re: Proposal to re-open 4.3.3.1 (Re: ACTION-97 - Raise [] issue on public list [Fwd: RFC 2396 + RFC 2732 vs. RFC 3986 (XMLDSIG section 4.3.3.1)])

Hi Thomas as discussed,

still the issue surrounding the square bracket '[' ']' in the fragment
of a URI reference is orthogonal to the treatment of strings as
specified in LEIRI [1], HRRI [2] or XML resource identifier[3] because
'[' and ']' aren't - as far as I can see - treated by any of those.

So my proposal remains:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/0003.html
> I propose however that we despite of this fact allow implementations
> to dereference a fragment only uri references containing
> "unescaped square brackets" as the grammar in RFC 2732 (as opposed to
> its prose) would have allowed this.

regards
Konrad

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-01.txt
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/04/hrri/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01c.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/#xml-resource-identifier

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm