W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > October 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-10-23 v3

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:22:37 -0400
Message-Id: <8D0387D8-2831-4EC1-8D96-67CBAD431560@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec) v3
Teleconference 23 October 2007
Distributed Meeting #21

v2 Plenary registration closed, link to listed registrants. Add  
issues for XML Signature (4.3.3.1, examples), add draft chartering  
agenda item, add interop implementation status item, update plenary  
agenda item. Action item review later in agenda for this call.

v3 add link to draft plenary agenda (members only), minutes update,  
link to WG msg re XML Core meeting.

9-10:30 am Eastern Time
(6-7:30am Pacific, 1400-1530 Dublin, 1500-1630 CET, 1600-1730 Crete)

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: none

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a) Hal Lockhart is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

i) Next teleconference next week - 30 October. Ed Simon  to scribe.

ii) November plenary
XML Security WG F2F meeting: Thur-Fri  8-9 November scheduled. Not  
meeting on Saturday 10 November.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0005.html

Registration was due 19 October, Registrants
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2007/registrants#xmlsec

Joint meeting with XML Core re C14N11 on Tuesday 5 November  
8:30-10:00 either in person at XML Core meeting location or by  
teleconference. Open only to registered members of XML Core or XML  
Security WGs.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0012.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/09/xml-f2f-20071105-agenda.htm

iii) Note: No meeting 20 November (Thanksgiving week in US).

2) Minutes

2a) Review and approval of minutes

2007-10-16 Teleconference
Member confidential:  http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-xmlsec-minutes.html

Public:   http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-xmlsec-minutes-public.html

Correction to member confidential minutes (public version ok)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0017.html

update: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Oct/0018.html

2b) Review of workshop minutes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0003.html (member-only)

Attendee list updated since last week.

3) XML Signature

XML Signature Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/ 
xmldsig-core

3a) Editorial changes (discussed last week):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0008.html

3b) New issue: 4.3.3.1 proposal to reference XML Schema
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0010.html

3c) Close ACTION-81, do not add digest values into examples

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0014.html

4) Chartering

Initial draft based on workshop, please review

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/charter

5) Interop update

5a) Status of implementation updates to correct for xml:base processing?
section 2.4 of C14N11

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621/#DocSubsets

5b) Interop report

6) Plenary

6a) Attending XML Core discussion of C14N11?

Joint meeting with XML Core re C14N11 on Tuesday 5 November  
8:30-10:00 either in person at XML Core meeting location or by  
teleconference. Open only to registered members of XML Core or XML  
Security WGs.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0012.html

http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/09/xml-f2f-20071105-agenda.htm

C14N11 XML Core actions:
i) Revert wording in section 2.4, proposed change accepted.
ii) Glenn in XML Core to propose wording regarding xml:base fixup
iii) Konrad to propose change for Appendix A

6b) Draft XMLSec Agenda

Draft Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/ 
0019.html

7) Best Practices

7a) Help on ASN.1 - reversibility warning

Request for ASN.1 expert review - Ed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0035.html

7b) Volunteers to list practices from Workshop and XMLSec meetings?

8) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-81: Frederick Hirsch to Update digest values in section  
2 examples when we have test cases which produce values (or else  
insert dots) - due 2007-10-05

Done, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Sep/0005.html

Keep open with new date as reminder to update examples from interop  
test cases.

See agenda item 4c.

[OPEN] ACTION-93: Konrad Lanz to Look at xml core list for additional  
xml:base test cases - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-95: Sean Mullan to Generate new test signatures for  
xpointer - due 2007-09-25

OPEN] ACTION-97: Konrad Lanz to Raise [] issue on public list - due  
2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-98: Konrad Lanz to Send e-mail to summarize dname  
related interop issue to public list - due 2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-99: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review interop report to  
record open issues and actions resulting from interop testing - due  
2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-101: Thomas Roessler to Work toward publishing workshop  
report - due 2007-10-23


9) Decryption Transform

9a) Change to correspond to Signature change regarding fragments
(ACTION-76)

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/
2007Aug/0012.html

9b) In general, more changes needed related to XPointer issues

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

WG  list
-----------
Ed Simon (26 June 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia
Received on Monday, 22 October 2007 17:24:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:02 GMT