W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > November 2007

Agenda: XMLSec WG Meetings 2007-11-08 and 2007-11-09 (v4)

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:26:03 -0500
Message-Id: <D92EFF72-A144-4F71-97F7-A17D7031643A@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: XMLSec XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG F2F  v4
WG F2F 8-9 November 2007

Venue and logistics
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/overview.html

Registered attendees (for in-person attendance) - member visible
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2007/registrants

Schedule Page
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/Schedule.html#ThursGroups
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/Schedule.html#Fri

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: none

Thursday 8 November 2007
Room Paul Rev B (subject to change)

Opening & WG status (13:30 - 15:00)

1) Welcome, introductions

2) Administrivia: logistics, scribe selections, irc, teleconference,  
agenda review, minutes approval

2a) Scribe selection

Scribe: Rob Miller

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

  Note: No meeting 20 November (Thanksgiving week in US).

2b) Review and approval of minutes

30 November minutes approval - deferred.

2c)  Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions
deferred

3) XML Core review

Review outcome of XML Core C14N11 discussion on Tuesday.

4) Interop status

4a) Status of implementation updates to correct for xml:base processing?
section 2.4 of C14N11

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621/#DocSubsets

4b) Interop report action status

5) Break (15:00 - 15:30)

Presentations - potential input to chartering and/or best practices  
(15:30 - 17:00)

6) Presentation and discussion: "Role of XML Signature for  
Authentication and Integrity of financial statements" - Eric Cohen

7) Presentation and discussion:  "XML Signature 2.0 Proposal" - Ed Simon

Chartering Review (17:00 - 18:00)

8) Review chartering process and current draft

9) Recess (18:00)


Friday 9 November 2007
Room Paul Rev B (subject to change)

Tea/Coffee registration available from 8:00 - 8:30.

10)  Welcome, administrative, scribe selection

Rich Salz scheduled to scribe.

11) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-81: Frederick Hirsch to Update digest values in section  
2 examples when we have test cases which produce values (or else  
insert dots) - due 2007-10-05

[OPEN] ACTION-93: Konrad Lanz to Look at xml core list for additional  
xml:base test cases - due 2007-09-18

[OPEN] ACTION-98: Konrad Lanz to Send e-mail to summarize dname  
related interop issue to public list - due 2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-99: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review interop report to  
record open issues and actions resulting from interop testing - due  
2007-10-16

[OPEN] ACTION-103: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up with implementers to  
look at which choice wrt ACTION-102 they actually have taken - due  
2007-10-30

[OPEN] ACTION-105: Frederick Hirsch to Start issues list for best  
practices - due 2007-10-30

[OPEN] ACTION-106: Thomas Roessler to Send proposal for "appendix A  
without pseudo code" - due 2007-11-06

[OPEN] ACTION-107: Sean Mullan to Send an email re test case 102 -  
due 2007-11-06

[OPEN] ACTION-108: Konrad Lanz to Double-check on relative-to- 
absolute resolution - due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-109: Thomas Roessler to Provide example for  
"isolated .." case - due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-110: Frederick Hirsch to Update redline and share with  
xml:core - due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-111: Frederick Hirsch to Review examples in C14N 1.1  
and propose detailed changes to use xml:Id - due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-112: Thomas Roessler to Prepare interop report template  
- due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-113: Sean Mullan to Update testcase document - due  
2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-114: Thomas Roessler to Ensure that result from  
ACTION-109 goes into test suite - due 2007-11-15


12) XML Signature , 4.3.3.1 closure

Agreement from last call
"The URI attribute identifies a data object using a URI Reference  
[URI]. The mapping from this attribute's value to a URI reference  
MUST be performed as specified in part 2, section 3.2.7 of  
[XMLSCHEMA]. Additionally: Some existing implementations are known to  
verify the value of the URI attribute against the grammar in [URI].  
It is therefore safest to perform any necessary escaping while  
generating the URI attribute."

Review of implementations, Java

Resolution to adopt and close issue?

13) xml signature change review

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/explain.html

comments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/ 
0011.html

14) XML Signature - other issues?

XML Signature Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/ 
xmldsig-core

Remove editorial notes re appendix A, 2 places

Algorithm identifier discussion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/ 
0010.html


15) EXI joint session (9:30 - 10:30) (location to be determined)

16) Break (10:30 - 11:00)

17) Review XML C14N11 redline

18) Chartering  Working session

19) Lunch (12:00 - 13:00)

20)  Chartering working session

21) Break (15:00 - 15:30)

22)  Best practices review and discussion (15:30 - 17:00)

23) F2F summary,  next steps discussion, other business (17:00 - 18:00)

Approve minutes from last call, close any additional action items.

24) Adjourn (18:00)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia
Received on Friday, 9 November 2007 13:26:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:03 GMT