ACTION-65: test cases for C14N with comments, scheme-based xpointers

From: Juan Carlos Cruellas <cruellas@ac.upc.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:42:58 +0200
To: xml-sec <"public-xmlsec-maintwg"@w3.org>

Dear all,

The XMLSig WG produced test cases for checking how tools dealt with C14N
with comments as a result of using scheme-based xpointers in the URI
attribute of the ds:Reference.

More specifically, Merlin Hughes produced a complicated ds:Signature
that collectively signed a great bunch of objects. This signature signed
xml objects with and without comments, referenced through scheme-based
xpointers and also barename pointers, etc, etc.

You may find this signature in the gzip file that will find in the URL

When you decompress this file, you will find lots of files. The
signature itself is in the signature.xml file.

My initial feeling is that this is a complex example that tests quite a
lot of things at the same time.... I would propose to keep it as an
example of advanced test case, but also define new test cases for the
specific issues of C14N with comments and scheme-based xpointers.

As a conclusion, I suggest to keep this action open until I define these
new test cases.

Juan Carlos.