W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > August 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-08-28

From: ext Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:03:21 +0300
Message-Id: <BB6A01AA-068B-47D4-8276-8792B46A75E6@nokia.com>
Cc: Hirsch Frederick <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 4 September 2007
Distributed Meeting #16

NOTE: Call length updated to be 90 minutes, same start time.

ACTION ALL: Please review assigned workshop submissions before the call.

9-10:30 am Eastern Time
(6-7:30am Pacific, 1400-1530 Dublin, 1500-1630 CET, 1600-1730 Crete)

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge:
       +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
     irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

    Frederick Hirsch


1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  ? is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

    Scribe Instructions (updated):

1b)   Meeting planning

Note - Change to 90 minutes from 60, same start time.

Next meetings:
Tuesday 11 September, Scribe: ?

November plenary, 8-9 November (and possibly 10th) scheduled

2) Review and approval of last meeting's minutes

Note, minutes posted on members only list
8/21 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
and 8/28 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

Approval of 8/28 minutes

Corrected and redacted versions need to be posted  to std minutes urls:

3) Action item review

    Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
    Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 

[OPEN] ACTION-26: Thomas Roessler to draft CG note draft for  
submission to XML CG - due 2007-08-30

[OPEN] ACTION-65: Juan Carlos Cruellas to develop/retrieve test cases  
for C14N with comments, scheme-based xpointers - due 2007-07-24

New content in latest draft for Scheme Based XPointers

Keep open - additional information: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 

[OPEN] ACTION-68: Sean Mullan to Develop RFC 4514 / RFC 2253 test  
cases - due 2007-07-24

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0024.html and Juan Carlos message http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ 

[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-75: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Carlos add test case for  
RFC 4514 warning - due 2007-08-14

[OPEN] ACTION-81: Frederick Hirsch to Update digest values in section  
2 examples when we have test cases which produce values (or else  
insert dots) - due 2007-08-28

[OPEN] ACTION-82: Konrad Lanz to Add test case for XPointer URI  
encoding, including bracket characters - due 2007-08-28

[OPEN] ACTION-83: Konrad Lanz to Look for test cases that might  
indicate the change to is conformance-affecting - due 2007-08-28

[OPEN] ACTION-84: Thomas Roessler
Review last meeting's mintues for confidential material, if needed  
produce redacted version
due 2007-09-04

[OPEN] ACTION-85 Thomas Roessler
Send invitations to speakers on current program. 2007-09-04

[OPEN] ACTION-86 Thomas Roessler
Send e-mail to group explaining late registration process for workshop
due 2007-09-04
Done see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

4) XML Signature Draft Status Update

Updated to reflect WG decision on discouraging xpointer scheme.

Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core

Message: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

5) Workshop

WG Position paper page - http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/papers/ 

Review assignments - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member- 

Program Committee Page - http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/pc/ 

5a) Status - Registrations for workshop

5b) Status - Revised paper - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/ 

5c) Other workshop preparation
Scribes, Reporters.

6) Interop test cases

6a) Standalone test case status and review.


6b) Review and next steps for test cases document

Warning: Source, xslt, and html are now in CVS. Please only edit  
version from CVS.

Editors Draft link: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig- 

Frederick: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

Note: use signatures even for C14N is twofold, automated testing,  
universable usability by implementations, HMAC-SHA-1

Sean: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

Remove negative test cases
Remove test cases which duplicate similar tests , e.g. xml:space and  
Look for other simplifications
Refer to standalone test cases
Other suggestions?

7) Best Practices - reversibility warning

Request for ASN.1 expert review - Ed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 

Put latest draft text on wiki?

- additional review for warning
- add item to interop test draft

8) Decryption Transform

8a) Change to correspond to Signature change regarding fragments  

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 

8b) In general, more changes needed related to XPointer issues

9) C14N11 - Appendix A

Konrad had pointed out some issues with Appendix A at

Appendix update: Konrad

includes changes from Juan Carlos.

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

Scribe list
Elisabetta Carrara
Ram Mohan
Chris Nautiyal
Rich Salz
Daniel Schutzer
Andrew Sullivan
Panagiotis Trimintzios
Tarun Tyagi
Gregory Berezowsky (F2F 3 May 07 am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007)
Donald Eastlake (12 June 2007)
Peter Lipp (Konrad, 19 June 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007)
Received on Friday, 31 August 2007 06:03:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:58:42 UTC