W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > August 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-08-21 v2

From: ext Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:46:15 -0400
Message-Id: <E6F01729-EF66-4AC4-B785-46645E23CF7F@nokia.com>
Cc: Hirsch Frederick <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 21 August 2007
Distributed Meeting #14

NOTE: Call length updated to be 90 minutes, same start time.

ACTION ALL: Please review assigned workshop submissions before the call.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0003.html

v2 updates: call length to 90 minutes going forward.
Added ACTION-80 and agenda items 4c, 6b. Updated links regarding  
Workshop and Program Committee.

9-10:30 am Eastern Time
(6-7:30am Pacific, 1400-1530 Dublin, 1500-1630 CET, 1600-1730 Crete)

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge:
       +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
     irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
     <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to  
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair:
    Frederick Hirsch

Regrets:
    Juan Carlos Cruellas

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Giles Hogben is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

    Scribe Instructions (updated):
    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

Note - Change to 90 minutes from 60, same start time.

Next meetings:
Tuesday 28 August, Scribe: Phill Hallam-Baker

November plenary, 8-9 November (and possibly 10th) scheduled
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0005.html

2) Review and approval of last meeting's minutes
    http://www.w3.org/2007/08/14-xmlsec-minutes

(revised draft to be published)

3) Action item review

    Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
    Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[OPEN] ACTION-26: Thomas Roessler to draft CG note draft for  
submission to XML CG - due 2007-08-30

[OPEN] ACTION-50: Thomas Roessler to Create workshop logistics page -  
due 2007-08-15

[OPEN] ACTION-65: Juan Carlos Cruellas to develop/retrieve test cases  
for C14N with comments, scheme-based xpointers - due 2007-07-24

New content in latest draft for Scheme Based XPointers
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0004.html

Keep open - additional information: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/0054.html
[OPEN] ACTION-68: Sean Mullan to Develop RFC 4514 / RFC 2253 test  
cases - due 2007-07-24

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0024.html and Juan Carlos message http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ 
public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0004.html

[OPEN] ACTION-71: Sean Mullan to Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and  
printable UTF-8 strings - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-72: Konrad Lanz to Review existing use of XML Signature  
and Xpointer with respect to new redline - due 2007-08-07

[OPEN] ACTION-73: Konrad Lanz to Check which xpointers are used and  
where, contact ebics etc - due 2007-08-07

Note opened additional ACTION-79 based on Konrad's issue

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-75: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Carlos add test case for  
RFC 4514 warning - due 2007-08-14

[OPEN] ACTION-79: Frederick Hirsch to [XML Signature] Update since  
URI-Literal/ RFC 2732 obsoleted by 3986. - due 2007-08-14

Done see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Aug/0042.html

[OPEN] ACTION-80: Frederick Hirsch to Update XML Signature Examples  
to use C14N11 - due 2007-08-17

Action added since last meeting. Done see Agenda 4c.

4) XML Signature Draft agreement

4a) XPointer decision

Working group to agree on resolution or to conduct straw poll
to select alternative. Discussion was on last week's call, this call  
will commence with decision.

Alternative 1:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0041.html

Alternative 2:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0040.html

4b) XML Signature Exclusive Canonicalization decision

Record WG resolution *not* to list Exclusive algorithms explicitly.

Please indicate  any concern with this proposed decision on the  
public mailing list in advance of the call.

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-c14nAlg

Note that exclusive canonicalization is explicitly mentioned in   
Section 6.5.

There has been no discussion of this item on the list or call since  
31 July, http://www.w3.org/2007/07/31-xmlsec-minutes .

4c) Update examples in 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 to show C14N11, and use explicit  
transform.

Sean message http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
maintwg/2007Aug/0047.html

Done see see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
maintwg/2007Aug/0050.html

4d) No other open issues on XML Signature draft.

Approve draft with agreed changes from this call?

5) Workshop - position papers and planning

Call for participation closed 14 August.
Chairs of workshop will not submit position papers.

Announcement: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/
CFP: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/cfp.html

Submission mailing list archive:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-submit/

5a) Position paper review - status and discussion

WG Position paper page
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/papers/Overview.html

Review assignments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0003.html

Program Committee Page
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/pc/Overview.html

5b) Workshop planning

6) Interop test cases and planning

6a) Test case process outline on wiki

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/ 
0025.html

6b) xml:lang inheritance  - interop test question

see Sean's message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/ 
0049.html

6c)Progress on creation of stand-alone input/output cases

6d) Review of test cases document

Warning: Source, xslt, and html are now in CVS. Please only edit  
version from CVS.

Editors Draft link: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig- 
interop-doc/testcases.html

Frederick: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Aug/0031.html

Note: use signatures even for C14N is twofold, automated testing,  
universable usability by implementations, HMAC-SHA-1

Sean: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Aug/0039.html

6e) Other test case discussion

7) Best Practices - reversibility warning

Request for ASN.1 expert review - Ed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0035.html

Put latest draft text on wiki?

- additional review for warning
- add item to interop test draft

8) Decryption Transform

8a) Change to correspond to Signature change regarding fragments  
(ACTION-76)

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Aug/0012.html

8b) In general, more changes needed related to XPointer issues

9) C14N11 - Appendix A

Konrad had pointed out some issues with Appendix A at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007May/0046

Appendix update: Konrad
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jun/ 
0073.html

includes changes from Juan Carlos.

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

Scribe list
-----------
Elisabetta Carrara
Ram Mohan
Chris Nautiyal
Rich Salz
Daniel Schutzer
Andrew Sullivan
Panagiotis Trimintzios
Tarun Tyagi
Gregory Berezowsky (F2F 3 May 07 am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007)
Donald Eastlake (12 June 2007)
Peter Lipp (Konrad, 19 June 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Received on Thursday, 16 August 2007 18:46:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:01 GMT