Re: draft-eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris-00

Dear Donald Eastlake,

Eastlake III Donald wrote in [1]:
> Comments for suggestions for additions welcome

Following up on [1] and in addition to [2] we would consider WHIRLPOOL
[4] a useful addition of to RFC 4051 .

http://www.w3.org/2007/05/xmldsig-more#whirlpool

The addition of the following signature methods are also kindly requested.

Proposed text for RSA-WHIRLPOOL:
> * RSA-WHIRLPOOL Identifier:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/05/xmldsig-more#rsa-whirlpool
>
> This implies the PKCS#1 v1.5 padding algorithm [RFC3447] as described
> in section 2.3.1 but with the ASN.1 BER WHIRLPOOL algorithm
> designator prefix.  An example of use is
>
> <SignatureMethod
> Algorithm=http://www.w3.org/2007/05/xmldsig-more#rsa-whirlpool"/>

Proposed addition to section-2.3.6 for RSA-WHIRLPOOL:
> Identifiers ...
> http://www.w3.org/2007/05/xmldsig-more#ecdsa-whirlpool
>
> The #ecdsa-whirlpool fragment of the new namespace identifies a
> signature method processed in the same way as specified by the
> #ecdsa-sha512 fragment of this namespace
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more) with the exception that
> WHIRLPOOL is used instead of SHA-512.

kind regards

Konrad Lanz