Re: Detached signature of non-sibling elements (?)

Hi Frederick.

According to your comment, this IS a valid detached signature, isnt it?

<root>
    <my-data>
        <node Id="n"></node>
    <my-data>
    <my-sign>
        <Signature …>
            …
            <Reference URI=“#n”>
        </Signature>
    </my-sign>
</root>

Just to be sure (not miss-translating): sibling are only sister/brother,
right?

As stated in [4], " Detached signatures are over external network resources
or local data objects that reside within the same XML document *as sibling
elements*; in this case, the signature is neither enveloping (signature is
parent) nor enveloped (signature is child). "

Also in [2], "The signature is over content external to the Signature
element, and can be identified via a URI or transform. Consequently, the
signature is "detached" from the content it signs. This definition
typically applies to separate data objects, but it also includes the
instance where the Signature and data object reside within the same XML
document *but are sibling elements*."

I think both paragraphs induce an error/missunderstanding.
Hence, I request a correction/errata:
 -If the sibling part was added on purpose, many signatures "out there" are
invalid, but on detached signatures content-data MUST BE siblings. Spec
should be much more clear on this.
 -If the sibling part was accidental, remove the bold/underlined parts and
add an errata reference.

Should I proceed in someway to request this errata be considered officially?

Thanks a lot for your time and help
Regards.
PS: Someone should request Microsoft do the same with [3]...and even not to
distinguish between internal/external ;)

[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-Overview