Re: document node attributes

On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 11:54 +0000, David Lee wrote:
> I suggest your answers illuminate the fundamental difference of opinion you and I have of "What Is XML"
> While I do recall (but cant find it now) that an early tagline for XML was "For the Web",

Our original goal was to make a subset of SGML that would work in more
than one Netscape browser plugin. It was called Web SGML.

> Does the message that a temperature controller in a car send to the
> engine controller need hyperlinking ?
No, which is why it's not going in XML core.

Best estimate is that there are more XML documents generated each day
than the entire HTML static Web. But almost all those documents have
very very short lifetimes.

But just because the Web is the 0.00000000001% use case, in a sense, for
XML, doesn't mean we should not work on improving it.

> Maybe a possible road to "success" of hypermedia is defining a
> "Profile" for XML designed for the web.

Oh, the irony! :-)

Liam