Re: Hypermedia - Why

On 25/07/2012 14:59, Rushforth, Peter wrote:
> Additionally, xml:tref is*new*.  The only other template attribute I have seen is
> @template in opensearch

Why a special template language just for href attributes, and why that
particular language?

In XSLT for example, attribute value templates apply to (almost) all
attributes and allow XPath evaluation.

so I can go

which might evaluate to

but I can use the _same_ attribute value template syntax on

<h1 id="{generate-id()}">...</h1>

which might generate

<h1 id="andhdhda">....</h1>

What is special abut URI that you should want a different templating
language in that case different from the way that you template any other
attribute in the document?

David