Re: More encoding problems - japanese test cases

From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:20:11 +0100 (BST)
To: public-xml-testsuite@w3.org
Cc: Karl Waclawek <karl@waclawek.net>

> Right after the XML declaration there is a sequence (hex):
> 0x0d 0x0a 0x00 0x0d 0x0a 0x00
> Should that not be 0x0d 0x00 0x0a 0x00 0x0d 0x00 0x0a 0x00 ?

I think this is a CVS problem.  The file really contains 0A 00 0A 00,
and when you checked it out, the OAs were converted to OD OA.

Presumably the files are not marked as binary in the repository, and
you are checking them out on a MS Windows machine.

I suspect this is the cause of the other problems you reported too.

I seem to recall that this came up before, but no-one dared to run
the command that would change every file in the repository to be marked
as binary.

-- Richard