More test suite problems

From: Glenn Marcy <gmarcy@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:04:51 -0400
To: Sandra Martinez <sandra.martinez@nist.gov>
Cc: public-xml-testsuite@w3.org, w3c-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Sandra,

We still have the following problems...

ibm/not-wf/P32/ibm32n09.xml still says:

  <!DOCTYPE animal SYSTEM "ibm32i09.dtd" [

but it needs to say:

  <!DOCTYPE animal SYSTEM "ibm32n09.dtd" [

There is also the following problem discovered by the Xerces
parser that I am not sure how to solve.

Output Tests:
ibm-valid-P28-ibm28v02.xml
ibm-valid-P29-ibm29v01.xml
ibm-valid-P29-ibm29v02.xml
ibm-valid-P57-ibm57v01.xml
ibm-valid-P58-ibm58v01.xml
ibm-valid-P58-ibm58v02.xml
ibm-valid-P70-ibm70v01.xml

Xerces resolves and returns the complete path of systemIds for
notation decls, where as the actual outputs do not and can not
contain complete resolved paths for systemIds.  Xerces appears
to behave in accordance with the SAX API...

    notationDecl
    If a system identifier is present, and it is a URL, the
    SAX parser must resolve it fully before passing it to the
    application through this event.

I am not sure what we can do at this point to support expected
results files for documents that have absolute path names in
their infoset.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for how this
issue can be addressed?  Otherwise, I think that we would need
to remove the expected results files for these tests.

Regards,
Glenn