Re: moving the test suite?

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:38:16 +0100
To: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
CC: W3C XML Schema Interest Group <w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org>, public-xml-schema-testsuite@w3.org

> (8) Some of us will need to learn to use Mercurial.
>
> >And in the early days, you will be tempted, I know you will, to give up on Mercurial and go back to Subversion, because it will be strange, like living in a foreign country,
I've been there. We spent a week trying to make Mercurial work for us,
and gave up. Not for any of the reasons Spolsky gives - we gave up
because we weren't able to get anything done; we were making changes and
losing them. I'm sure he's right that there's an aha! moment when it all
suddenly clicks, but if there's no-one to lead you by the hand it can be
pretty painful.

Michael Kay