Re: change to test suite overview page - request for review and comments

From: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:46:00 -0600
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, public-xml-schema-testsuite@w3.org, David Ezell <David_E3@VERIFONE.com>
To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>

On Oct 14, 2010, at 1:31 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

>>> In that case, I definitely would like to move the test suite to a new
>>> location and give it names that make some sense.
>
> And if you're doing that, go for a full CVS repository of all the files. The XQuery Test Suite is considerably larger in terms of the number of files under change control, so the evidence shows that it can be done.

Since the W3C systems group apparently asked us not to,
way back when, I've written them asking them to explicitly
list the embargo.  I am cautiously optimistic about the result;
as you say, there are examples that suggest the load is
tolerable.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net