RE: contradicting notation tests

In XSD 1.0 Second Edition, the property tableau for Notation Declaration
has:

{system identifier}
    Optional if {public identifier} is present. A URI reference.
{public identifier}
    Optional if {system identifier} is present. A public identifier, as
defined in [XML 1.0 (Second Edition)].

This means in effect that at least one of publicId and systemId must be
present. The tests publicId00201 and addB004 both fail on this score. Test
errC004 is valid because one of the notations has a systemId and the other
has a publicId.

(Personal response)

Incidentally, there are many tests in the test suite whose results are
believed to be incorrect - see the bugzilla database at
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/ (search for product "XML Schema Test Suite").
There has not been sufficient resource available to reissue the test suite
with corrections to these tests.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/