Re: First Edition test issues

Chris writes:

> Are the 2004 tests meant to replace the first edition tests (20020116)
> or should they be run as well? I ask because the 2002 tests seem to be
> riddled with inconsistencies, some of which are detailed below.  Are
> they deprecated?

They will be overtaken very soon, but they did supplement the 2004
tests, which only addressed datatypes.

> Furthermore, do the tests assume the validation validates against the
> schema pointed to in the instance document or against the schema
> specified in the "schemaTest" element of the testGroup in the testSet
> file?

The tests which include an instance should be run providing all the
schemas listed in the schemaTest element.

> NISTXMLSchema1-0-20020116.testSet
> ----------------------------------
>  line 22: missing /nisttest/ in relative path

Will be overtaken by new release

> MSXMLSchema1-0-20020116.testSet
> ---------------------------------
>  line 41904: idZ003, no files specified

fixed in new contribution

> SunXMLSchema1-0-20020116.testSet
> --------------------------------
>  idc001.nogen.n00 should be valid or idc001.nogen.v01 should be
> invalid depending on whether BookCatalogue.xsd is supposed to be there
> or not... Probably all refs should be idc001.nogen.xsd instead

Indeed, fixed in the new contribution

> xsd003b.xsd - Should be invalid as:
> 			there is no xsd:number type.
> 			src-attribute_group.3 Circular reference to
> attribute group definition 'attGroup'

Changed to xsd:decimal in new contribution

Thanks for your help,

ht
- --
                     Half-time member of W3C Team