Re: Proposal to abandon A230-01 and A230-02

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:13:58 -0500
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> Actions A230-01 and A230-02 are about the schema documents for
> XProc. The salient bits are in
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2013Mar/0028.html
>
> I propose that we abandon these actions. Yes, we borked it, but in
> practice we plan to do XProc 2.0 and we don't have the resources,
> IMHO, to invest in fixing the oversight identified.

I'll note for the record that I'd be in favour of supplying schema documents as zip'd archives, so that it's more obvious to people they need to download them, since w3.org blocks and/or throttles automated access to .xsd files.

Liam