Re: Split spec

Looking at the standard step library, it occurs to me that the
language "required" and "optional" feels a bit too constraining.  We
might consider defining steps as a module:

   * each set of steps would belong to a named module
   * each module would have a URI
   * there would be a required module (or set of modules) that a
pipeline implementor must support to be considered conform ant.

This would also give us the option of compartmentalizing certain XML
micro operations vs larger operations (e.g. XSLT/XQuery) that wouldn't
be relevant for a processor that did other content types.

--
--Alex Miłowski