XProc Minutes 2 July 2014

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
> XProc Agenda 2 July 2014
>
> Meeting 248.
>
>  1. Administrivia
>       1. Roll call.

Present: Norm, Alex, Jim, Vojtech

>       2. Accept this agenda.

Accept agenda from 25 June as the agenda for today?

Accepted.

>       3. Next meeting: 9 July 2014.

No regrets heard

>       5. Review of open action items:

No progress reported.

>             * [18]A-235-01: Alex to prepare a note with the table of use
>               cases and solutions from V1.

Alex wonders if this is worth doing. Norm doesn't feel strongly about it.
Action withdrawn.

>             * [19]A-237-01: Liam to update the charter page or link from
>               the PMWG homepage

I wonder if Liam reads my minutes.

>             * [23]A-241-05: Alex to describe use cases for RDF support
>               that require the ability to go back and forth from the
>               triples to the documents.

Norm observes that he's got some extensions to do this. Alex is still
planning to do generate some use cases to cover what Norm has done and
what he wants to be able to do.

>             * [24]A-252-01: A-252-01 Jim to draft a proposed response to
>               the SCXML WG.

Overtaken by events. Action withdawn.

>       6. Rechartering

The AC voting has happened, waiting for W3C management approval.

>  2. Technical

Some discussion of streaming. General feeling that it's not an XProc
2.0 feature; we remain resolved to attempt to do nothing that would
prevent streaming.

Norm describes his streaming plans (compiling down to Saxon pipelines).

Vojtech is also working on a new processor thinking about streaming.

>       1. Action on actions?

As recorded above.

>       2. Steps for zip/unzip? (Why'd they fall of the action list?)

Alex tried to regroup on a minimalist approach. Got feedback. Will
publish another draft. Minimum bar, general use case is EPUB.

Some discussion of github org. Norm to create a "steps" repository.
Norm to create an xproc20 branch in the specifications repository
and make it the default branch.

>       3. Progress on bug reports?

None reported; we need to establish a rhythm for working through these
things.

>       4. Progress on parameters spec?

After rechartering, Norm thinks we can just start publishing drafts.
Alex is setup and ready to start editing.

>  3. Any other business

Alex observes that we need to decide how we're going to use issue
tracker and stuff at github. We should put some docs on the wiki so we
can point users to them.

Some discussion of meeting at TPAC. Center of the WG is now Europe and
so might be difficult. Perhaps meeting around XML Prague in Feburary
2015?

Adjourned.