RE: "Fixing parameters"

True, but I still think it is quite common to apply a step to create the parameters dynamically and then pass them to another step. What that requires is basically the ability to create maps and pass them around easily, or some kind of feature that takes an XML document (c:param-set/c:param or maybe even arbitrary XML), or a sequence of XML documents, and turns it into a map somehow.

> ... have we
> stated backwards compat as a *must* for vnext ?

Not sure about that one. But my proposal for non-XML support (that I am plan to submit later today) for sure breaks backward compatibility in a few areas. Just in a few, but it does. On the other hand, I think it can be made backward compatible at the expense of making it slightly less user friendly.

Regards,
Vojtech

--
Vojtech Toman