W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org > October 2012

XProc Minutes 18 Oct 2012

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:30:04 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2lif326qb.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes

[1]W3C

                                   - DRAFT -

                            XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 222, 18 Oct 2012

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
           Norm, Henry, Alex, Jim, Murray

   Regrets
           Vojtech, Cornelia

   Chair
           Norm

   Scribe
           Norm

Contents

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting: telcon 25 Oct? F2F?
         4. [8]Review of action items
         5. [9]Agenda prep for f2f
         6. [10]Any other business?

     * [11]Summary of Action Items

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Accept this agenda?

   -> [12]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-agenda

   Accepted.

  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [13]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/11-minutes

   Accepted.

  Next meeting: telcon 25 Oct? F2F?

   We'll skip 25 Oct and meet at the f2f.

   Jim: Will we have good enough wifi to do VOIP at the f2f

   Norm: Maybe.

  Review of action items

   <scribe> No progress reported *sad panda*

  Agenda prep for f2f

   Norm: Finishing up the processor profiles doc, the new requirements doc,
   and any step notes
   ... We've got a few proposals on the table: fixing parameters and binary
   (or non-XML) in pipelines
   ... I think working through those would be good.
   ... Any other suggestions?

   Jim: If we can leave TPAC with a requirements document that we can work on
   by telcon, then I think that would be declaring vicory
   ... It would be even better if we could publish the zip note.

   <scribe> ACTION: Norm to ask cmsmcq to see if he'll be at TPAC and might
   meet with us [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-xproc-minutes.html#action01]

   Jim: Can we also look at the test suite again?

   Norm: Oh, indeed. And we should run through the public comments.

   Jim: There's someone who's made a bunch of comments about zip and unzip. I
   need about an hour to review those comments.

   -> [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xproc-dev/2012Jan/0018.html

   Jim: I'll try to update the doc this week.

   Henry: Have we given up officially on a compact syntax? I don't have a
   brief for it, but I think we need to be happy with that as a decision that
   we've made.

   Norm: I'm happy to leave that hanging at least through the f2f.

   Alex: In the minutes last week, there was something about how we're going
   to evolve the steps. A registry for example.
   ... Separating the steps that we have from the language itself.

   <alexmilowski> "JF: Do we need some discussion before we make this more
   specific?

   <alexmilowski> AM: Yes, I think email discussion is needed"

   <alexmilowski> That's what we said..."

   Henry: I'm really quite interested in exploring of the idea of not having
   a separate spec but having a step registry
   ... Making it a little bit more like the IANA registry for media types.
   Make it possible to publish a document that documents a step and registers
   it.

   Norm: Sure. The exproc.org site and the wiki were kind of supposed to go
   that way but haven't been very successful.

   Henry: Successful or not, they don't have any normative force. We'd have
   to decide how much normative force we want them to have.

   Murray: I'm wondering about if XProc wants to say anything in relation to
   micro XML.

   Norm: Can you elaborate a little?

   Murray: I think we might say that XProc can process micro XML.

   Norm: I thought micro XML documents were XML 1.0 documents, but we could
   explicitly say it.

   Alex: I'm going to try to get my 1.0 requirements/use cases action item
   done, that would be something to review.

  Any other business?

   None heard.

   Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Norm to ask cmsmcq to see if he'll be at TPAC and might meet
   with us [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-xproc-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version 1.137 ([18]CVS
    log)
    $Date: 2012/10/18 14:29:25 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-xproc-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-minutes#ActionSummary
  12. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/18-agenda
  13. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2012/10/11-minutes
  14. http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-xproc-minutes.html#action01
  15. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xproc-dev/2012Jan/0018.html
  16. http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-xproc-minutes.html#action01
  17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  18. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Thursday, 18 October 2012 14:30:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 18 October 2012 14:30:34 GMT