Re: Extending p:log (action A-214-01)

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

>>> Yes. For all expressions evaluated (however we decide to do that) the
>>> context item is the document that is being logged.
>>
>> Heum... that's where it can be tricky. What if we log a sequence of document ?
>
> I think the tests apply to each document in the sequence in turn. I'd
> hope to treat a sequence of documents just like a single document that
> happened to be logged in a loop.

Ok hence it may means that we need two different context
A Global One with no context (or the context of the sequence), and
local one that will be evaluated on each document of the sequence

So we may end up with

    port = NCName
    href? = anyURI
    display?= XPathExpression

    (p:report)*

     test? = XPathExpression
     context? = { "global" | "local" }> template-content</p:report>

Mohamed