Re: Naming issue on Compound Steps in XProc 1.0 REC

More than fair enough.

so
p:try exposes the ports to the outside so it SHOULD be able to have a name
p:try/p:catch holds the "error", that's why it SHOULD be able to have a name
p:choose exposes the ports to the outside, so it SHOULD be able to have name

and therefore

p:try/p:group holds no specific port, so it SHOULDN'T have a name
p:choose/p:when holds no specific port, so it SHOULDN'T have a name
p:choose/p:otherwise holds no specific port, so it SHOULDN'T have a name

Mohamed