Re: XProc V.next Requirements and Use Cases updated

Gentle folk,

Some thoughts on this draft if you plan to be reading it over our summer break.

The front and middle sections of the document speak for themselves.

The back matter contains a lot of data.

Appendix A is solid as it is.

Appendix B was pared down during our most recent meeting.

Appendix C contains the issues list.

Appendix D is an old table that has been edited. We tried to identify an appropriate Requirement for each Use Case, but we came up short. The table seems to suggest that we need to consider creating Requirements to correspond with MathML, Digital Signatures, non-XML data streams, web services and dynamic inputs and outputs.

Appendix E is a longish categorization of steps that exist in XProc or in specific implementations.

Appendix F is the collected comments and notes. Note that the chair has indicated that the OS and file system steps, and maybe the zip/unzip steps too, are likely to be included in forthcoming NOTEs.

Murray Maloney
murray@muzmo.com
muzmo@me.com