V.next idea: option/parameter typing and error handling

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:50:08 +0000
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
Also, as I'm binding certain typed values to options (e.g. pulling a
start time off the query parameters), I'd really like an easy way to
say:

  "This option is typed as xs:dateTime.  If the value does not cast
properly, run this other part of the pipeline."

One simple way we could accomplish this is to allow type errors within
a certain portion of the pipeline to be caught and processed somehow.