Re: V.next idea: option/parameter typing and error handling

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:00:53 -0800
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't see how p:try/p:catch would make it less complex...

My initial thought was that we could state all the type pre-conditions
and they then catch only executes when the typing fails.

This would be a lot less complicated that trying to write all that
into a test expression.

Of course, not everything can be expressed as a simple type cast
check.  For example, range value checks would still need to be
expressions.