Re: Revisiting "fixing parameters"

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:08:49 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com> writes:
> I remember dimly of us conversing to retain the p:with-param (versus
> lets say overloading p:with-option) but any chance of re-summarizing
> … its probably related to something to do with the step signature but
> as we have parameter="true" on p:option was wondering if there is a
> further opportunity to simplify things.

I think we decided to retain with-param so that this would still be OK:

We could do away with with-param, but then you'd have to write

which seems rather burdensome. There are some subtleties related to
mixing the two forms, and I don't recall exactly how we resolved
those, or if we got down to that level of detail.

Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 512 761 6676