Re: XProc Vnext Requirements and Use Cases

From: James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:06:04 +0200
To: Murray Maloney <muzmo@me.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Murray Maloney <muzmo@me.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here is/are an updated XProc Requirements WD, with and without diff marks.
>
> I have re-organized a bit. I hope that you find this organization helpful.

is for me !

> We are still gathering material from the mailing list archives.

just working through the doc and noticed that:

5.7 Extracting MathML could probably be considered possible using
http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#c.exec to invoke some external Mathml to
SVG convertor (SVGMath)

5.9 Run a Custom Program is possible with
http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#c.exec and if the results are run in a
browser could be possible due to impl being browser based or
generating output fit for browser to consume.

Am I missing something, 5.14 Interact with Web Service (Tide
Information) seems completely doable with XProc 1.0.

Once I parse it the entire doc will send more comments (many of which
look doable but marked as not satisfied).