W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org > October 2011

XProc Minutes 6 October 2011

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:32:14 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2boto7idd.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes


                                   - DRAFT -

                            XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 198, 06 Oct 2011


   See also: [3]IRC log


           Norm, Paul, Vojtech, Jim, Alex

           Henry, Mohamed




     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting: telcon, 13 October 2011
         4. [8]Welcome back
         5. [9]Technical plenary
         6. [10]Status update
         7. [11]Processor profile next steps
         8. [12]F2F agenda
         9. [13]Any other business

     * [14]Summary of Action Items


  Accept this agenda?

   -> [15]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda


  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [16]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/07/21-minutes


  Next meeting: telcon, 13 October 2011

   Jim gives regrets.

  Welcome back

   Welcome back from summer vacation.

  Technical plenary

   Register and find accommodations!

   Norm: I believe that Paul, Norm, Henry, Vojtech, Jim, and Alex will be at
   the f2f.
   ... I propose we discuss the agenda today or next week for sure.

  Status update

   Norm: I think there are only a few things open.
   ... There are some actions on me: conformance section, the test suite
   license, etc.
   ... There was a question about the doc('') function
   ... And there's the processor profiles document

   <JimFuller> [17]http://www.w3.org/XML/Processing/draft.html

   Jim: I wrote a pipeline to keep the processing model page up to date.

   Norm: Thank you!

  Processor profile next steps

   Norm summarizes

   <JimFuller> I like external declarations profile

   Norm: Four profiles: basic, id, external declarations, and full

   Norm proposes that we use those names in the next draft. Any objections?


   Norm: Alex, you wanted to change the class names.

   Alex: The name "B'" just bugs me. It's all about unparsed entities, so we
   could call it "U" or "S".

   Norm: I think U might be confusing (with unparsed external entities). How
   about S

   Alex: It doesn't really matter, it's just a label.

   Norm: I propose we rename B' to S. Any objections?


   Norm: We'll see if Henry objects when he's back.

   Alex: I'd also like to change 4.2.3 to use something less confusing than
   "Entirely, for the same reason".
   ... I think we should use "per the case above" as the preceding section

   Norm: That works for me.

   Vojtech: How about making the sections cumulative. So each builds on the

   Alex: This is purely editorial.

   <scribe> ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in
   4.2.3. [recorded in

   Norm: I think that just leaves the last call comments.
   ... Would anyone be willing to go through the last call comments and try
   to propose resolutions for them.?

   <JimFuller> I can have a go

   Jim: I'll have a go.

  F2F agenda

   Alex: What are we going to do about test cases.

   Norm: I think we said that this is like the infoset and is a spec for
   other specs to use and consequently doesn't have it's own implementation.

   Alex: Ok.

   Norm: I think the most important task on our plate is getting the
   processor profiles document finished.
   ... I think we've had some interest in talking about V.next

   Alex: I have some V.next things to send out
   ... I think we also need to do some marketing.
   ... Other WGs do all sorts of things to build a community, I think we
   should try to do the same thing.

   Norm: I agree.

   Jim: I think getting some pipelines out there for people to download and
   immediately use would help.

   Norm: I added xproc.org/library to help publish pipelines.

   Jim: XProc is verbose, but it's very reusable. Standard pipelines can
   really help move that along.
   ... At the f2f, it would be nice to talk about how to make pipelines
   easier to distribute and use.

   Norm: Anything else.
   ... I'll try to have a draft agenda for the f2f ready by next week.

  Any other business

   None heard. Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in
   4.2.3. [recorded in

   [End of minutes]


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.136 ([22]CVS
    $Date: 2011/10/10 19:30:58 $


   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item07
  12. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item08
  13. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#item09
  14. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-minutes#ActionSummary
  15. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda
  16. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/07/21-minutes
  17. http://www.w3.org/XML/Processing/draft.html
  18. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2011Oct/0000.html
  19. http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html#action01
  20. http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html#action01
  21. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  22. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Monday, 10 October 2011 19:32:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:32:49 UTC