Re: charter for v2 work

Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> writes:
> I'm sorry to have taken so long here.

No worries.

> What's the status of
> * requirements for future work
> * use cases for future work
> * deliverables, milestones and schedules for future work

All in the early stages of investigation.

> I'm assuming the group does want to continue after January - is that
> correct? :-) If so, I can try and get a draft charter done in the next
> few days, and sent to W3C management maybe on Wednesday morning.

Yes, please.

> I'm particularly interested in whether xproc has a role to play in
> web-app back-end logic/orchestration, alongside XQuery, and seeing more
> exploration of overlap between xproc and the use cases for xquery
> scripting; that's just a personal agenda, although others did seem
> interested in it at TPAC, in both groups, so I'd like to see the charter
> allow such exploration.
>
> Thoughts? Comments?

Sounds fine to me. Per our conversation on the XML Coordination Group
call, it seems entirely reasonable to me that you propose a new
charter for a year that gives us the freedom to explore and publish
use cases and requirements.

If we get so far along that we can begin working on drafts of a V.next
spec, all the better. It seems unlikely that we'll be ready to do a
FPWD of V.next before the entire XML Activity has to be rechartered
anyway so I'm not too concerned if it's not in the revised charter as
long as it's ok to start that work if we get to it.

If we really do move so quickly that we want to do a FPWD before the
activity recharters, we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh