RE: xml processor profiles diagram

From: <vojtech.toman@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:46:40 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
Great job, it looks very nice - ...and quite complicated at the same time.

I think the reason is that the diagram tries to combine three types of things together: not only the profiles and the classes of information, but also "uncategorized" (the two yellow sets) processor properties such as base URI processing and xml:id processing. I think that having three different types of things in the diagram makes it rather difficult to understand.

I am actually wondering whether the fact that the diagram has to rely on additional "uncategorized" properties rather than just on the profiles and classes isn't a bug in our specification.

I think that the outer set (processing as required by conformant XML processors + base URI processing) is actually a subset of the Core class and can be removed from the diagram.

However, there is no class that would correspond to the other yelow set (xml:id). Should we have one?

Vojtech