Re: new draft xml proc profiles doc

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have to say I'm not happy with the new 'introductory' short paras at
> the beginning of each profile definition (2.1--2.4).

Admittedly they are more for human parsing, but as they precede the
profile's precise definition I thought this was the right place for
rationale to go as any clarification can be quickly addressed.

> What problem are they meant to be addressing?

With no intro text to any of the profiles, a reader skimming the
document is forced to parse the entire document just to get an
understanding of any single profile's essential nature.I see this text
as a courtesy to the casual reader.

> If we have to have them, could they be collected together and moved
> somewhere else?

We could (assuming we give links as well to the formal profile
description) but the further away we place the text from its formal
description we then force the reader into the hyperlink square dance,
which I try to avoid in small documents such as this.