Re: Troubles Implementing Recommended Profile in Web Browsers

From: murray <murray@muzmo.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:01:03 -0800
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
While I sympathize with Henry's characterization, I think
that it more a matter of acceding to reality. The currently
named "Recommended" profile should probably be the "Full
XML" profile. A profile that stops short of !Entity parsing
and attribute value additions through the DTD would best
reflect current browser practice -- call it "Partial XML"
perhaps. Failing to acknowledge reality will hurt the spec;
acknowledging it and offering an upgrade is perhaps better
gamesmanship.