Pipelines with infinite recursion

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:27:51 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Do we need to say something in the spec about pipelines that end up in
infinite recursion, such as the following pipeline?

  <foo:bar/>

Detecting infinite recursion in any pipeline that is more complex than
the (degenerated) example above would be difficult (recursion may be
driven by dynamic logic), but perhaps we should at least say that the
behavior of the processor is implementation-dependent in this case? Or
do we want to have a dynamic error that could be used for reporting
infinite recursion?

Regards,
Vojtech

--