RE: Possible new XProc 1.1 step: p:template

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:00:26 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
> From the examples above, I don't see if p:template would be a step or
> binding. (I expect it to be a step, but I don't see an input port.)
> Personally, I think that making it a step would be more flexible
because
> you could then, for instance, use other steps to dynamically construct
> the "template XML document" and then pass it to p:template.

I actually think that adding a p:template-like step to the EXProc
library would be a good idea for now. It would both fill in the gap in
the functionality before XProc 1.1 comes out, and it would also give us
more feeling/user experience for deciding what exactly we want in 1.1.

Vojtech

--
Vojtech Toman
Consultant Software Engineer