How are the name in Content-Disposition and the Content-Id related?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:39:25 +0000
To: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
CC: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Alex,

I'm trying to implement multipart post. The Java libraries expect me
to provide a "name" and a value for each part. They provide this name
on the Content-Disposition field for each part:

Our definition of c:body provides an 'id' attribute:

  <c:body
    content-type = string
    encoding? = string
    id? = string
    description? = string>
      anyElement*
  </c:body>

which we assert is the value of the "Content-ID" header for the body or
body part.

How is the content-id related to the disposition name? Do we need to provide
a way for authors to specify the name, or is that the same as the content
id?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It only takes 20 years for a liberal to
http://nwalsh.com/            | become a conservative without changing