Body Examples

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:13:15 -0800
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
What sequence of *bytes* do we get from these non-XML media types:

<c:body content-type="text/plain">XProc</c:body>
<c:body content-type="application/sparql">PREFIX k: &lt;
http://www.atomojo.org/O/keyword/> SELECT ?e WHERE { ?e k:software () }

<c:body content-type="text/plain"><foo/></c:body>

<c:body content-type="application/xquery"><foo/></c:body>

In section, our specification says that the last two examples raise
error XC0028.

With regards to the encoding of the Unicode characters, I couldn't find
that said what the default encoding should be.  In all these cases, we
want the 'encoding' option to allow the user to control the unicode encoding
but that is a serialization option.  We'd need to add something that says we
use the 'encoding' option, if specified, for encoding characters.

A default of UTF-8 might be nice but there are languages where that is
an inappropriate default.  We may want to say that implementations are
required to default to a unicode character encoding but leave the
choice up to the implementation.