Body Examples

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:13:15 -0800
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
What sequence of *bytes* do we get from these non-XML media types:

<c:body content-type="text/plain">XProc</c:body>
<c:body content-type="application/sparql">PREFIX k: &lt;
http://www.atomojo.org/O/keyword/> SELECT ?e WHERE { ?e k:software () }
</c:body>

<c:body content-type="text/plain"><foo/></c:body>

<c:body content-type="application/xquery"><foo/></c:body>

?

In section 7.1.10.2, our specification says that the last two examples raise
error XC0028.

With regards to the encoding of the Unicode characters, I couldn't find
anything
that said what the default encoding should be.  In all these cases, we
probably
want the 'encoding' option to allow the user to control the unicode encoding
but that is a serialization option.  We'd need to add something that says we
use the 'encoding' option, if specified, for encoding characters.

A default of UTF-8 might be nice but there are languages where that is
an inappropriate default.  We may want to say that implementations are
required to default to a unicode character encoding but leave the
choice up to the implementation.