Re: .xpl? bah humbug

If I'm not wrong

In http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2007/12/20-minutes

the point 86

[[
 86. A really important question

  Norm: This what extension to use...

  Henry: Whatever convention we establish, people will follow.
  ... We ought to give a little thought to the extension
  ... We could just expose them as .xml
  ... Since we're toying with a media type, web server administrators will
  be unhappy if we don't pick a suffix.

  <ht> allinurl: xpl filetype:xpl

  Henry: There are about 8000 pages that end in .xpl
  ... Orbeon uses .xpl

  Alessandro: works for me!

  Henry: So is this the way we're going

  Norm: I'm not really fond of the idea of making a statement directly about
  it in the spec, but I'm happy to use .xpl in examples and the test suite,
  etc.

  Henry: We have an issue about the media type stuff and fragment
  identifiers. We'll get back to this, indirectly, when we cover that issue.

  Norm: I'm happy that we have an informal consensus to use .xpl, but I
  don't feel like we need to add it to the spec just yet.

  Alessandro: The XSLT spec says that most of the stylesheets use the
  extension .xsl

  Norm: Right, in the media type spec, I'm happy to do that too.
]]