Re: CR draft ready for review

"Innovimax SARL" <innovimax@gmail.com> writes:

>> > == Slight clarification ==
>> >
>> > "it is a static error if the signature of a known step in the version
>> > library has changed, except for new options."
>> >
>> > You should add "that are not using syntatic shortcut form"
>>
>> How do syntactic shortcut forms come into play? This section is about
>> the declarations, not their use.
>
> Well ! not stricly speaking the following which says :
>
> "New options on known steps are ignored in the pipeline."
>
> Which could lead to the fact that new options (even in shortcut form) are
> ignored in the pipeline
>
> Which seems odd with respect to err:XS0008
>
> ""It is a static error if any element in the XProc namespace has attributes
> not defined by this specification unless they are extension attributes.""

If you load the "2.0" XProc library and it adds a new "randomize"
option to p:namespace-rename, then the randomize option is allowed on
p:namespace-rename steps, either in p:option form or as a syntactic
shortcut.

That declaration defines it. And our spec says that, so by extension
our spec defines it.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--