Addressing outstanding issues

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:55:20 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
There are five open issues on our last call comments list:

  http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/lastcall/comments.html

I think they can all be closed quickly, so I think we should address
them before we publish a CR draft.

(Henry, we need a director's call to get out of Last Call, right? Do
we need a CR draft before that call?)

Issue 053: Creating elements

  * Proposed: accept the status quo, close without action

Issue 055: Storing binary data

  * Proposed: accept the status quo, add a note to the effect that
    implementations can support non-standard serialization methods to
    store binary data.

Issue 057: p:namespace-rename question

  * Proposed: Make the suggested change, rename 'elements-only' to
    'apply-to' with the possible values "all" (the default), "elements-only"
    or "attributes-only"

Issue 062: No path specified in p:directory-list

  * Proposed: Make the suggested change, make @path required on p:directory-list

Issue 063: Versioning and nested declarations

  * Proposed: Make the suggested change, make it a dynamic error to import
    a new version of the XProc namespace in an imported library or pipeline
    unless that same version has already been imported at the top level.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A philosophical contempt of life is no
http://nwalsh.com/            | guarantee of courage in the face of