Re: p:namespace-rename & attributes

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:37:25 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Toman_Vojtech@emc.com was heard to say:
| I have a question about p:namespace-rename. More specifically, what
| should be the behavior/output of the following code:

| elements-only="true">
|       <x:abc x:def="whatever" xmlns:x="http://www.foo.com"/>
|
| Because elements-only is set to true, the attributes should remain in
| their original namespace. But since both the element and the attribute
| share the same prefix, what should happen?

I had the same question whilst implementing namespace-rename somewhere
over the Atlantic today :-)

| Should the step fail with an
| error, or should it produce something like:
|
| <x:abc y:def="whatever" xmlns:x="http://www.bar.com"
| xmlns:y="http://www.foo.com"/>

That's what I guessed.

| The specification is not very clear on this.

No, it isn't. Also, why isn't the from option required?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The Future is something which everyone
http://nwalsh.com/            | reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an