Re: [XPath/XSLT 1.0] id() and namespace axis in XPath expression and key() in XSLTMatchPattern

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 07:41:07 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ "Innovimax SARL" <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| XPath allows id() function and "namespace::" axis

I think id() is ok. Is there any value in supporting the namespace:: axis?

| XSLTMatchPattern allows furthermore key()

Hmm. I think we either have to forbid them, or provide a mechanism for
defining them. I prefer the latter for V1. I very, very strongly
prefer the latter for V1 :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The fundamental delusion of humanity is
http://nwalsh.com/            | to suppose that I am here and you are