Re: Proposal for p:variable

Ok digging through I find some problems I see at first glance :

It is said

[[ The p:documentation<http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html#p.documentation>element
is not shown, but it is allowed anywhere. ]]

but it is explicitely shown in the production of sub-pipeline

Please remove it from there, it is confusing

-----

Please do the same for p:pipeinfo (I mean when the FIXME will be filled)

-----

One point I'm doing most of the time is documenting an input, and I want, if
I remove the input, that the documentation will be considerate as no more
accurate

I propose for that purpose, to add to p:documentation an new attribute
@refid which should refer to the value of an @xml:id attribute which provide
the ability to properly document pipeline and to have a security in case, I
suppress the element I was documenting (then the @refid would point to
nothing) which could be given as a warning by an XProc processor in a
interoperable way

-----

Ok let's me try to arrive to the end of the path, I sketched

subpipeline = (p:variable)*,(p:for-each |p:viewport | p:choose | p:group |
p:try | p:*atomic* | *pfx:user-pipeline* )*

(note that I remove p:pipeinfo and p:documentation since they can appear
everywhere)

If we say that

the context of evaluation of p:variable is composed of the option that are
declared before and all but the step of the siblings output port

Mohamed