RE: overloading definition in p:pipeline

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:43:43 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
I think that only the first pipeline is a valid XProc pipeline. The other two will be rejected because you can't change the properties of the default input ("source") and output ("result") ports. The properties of the default input/output ports are primary="true" and sequence="false".
...but a strange thing is that I can't find any relevant text about this in the spec even though I thought there was some text about it in section 4.1 (p:pipeline). And as I am thinking about it now, I am also not sure now whether you can specify <p:input port="source"/> or <p:input port="source" primary="true"/> in p:pipeline *at all*.
I had a similar question in the past (1/25/2008, Comments on Editor's Draft 9 January 2008). This was the reply:
| 5.Section 4.1 (p:pipeline): "All p:pipeline pipelines have an implicit
| primary input port named "source' and an implicit primary output port
| named "result". Any input or output ports that the p:pipeline declares
| explicitly are in addition to those ports and may not be declared
| primary."
| So, is it allowed to explicitly specify the implicit input/output ports
| inside p:pipeline? If so, is it possible to redefine their properties
| (primary, sequence)? Is the following permitted?
No. The implicit declarations of source/result cannot be repeated or
changed. Of course, you can use p:declare-step if you want to have
different values.
So it seems to me that this requirement (plus also the properties of the implicit "source" and "result" ports) didn't make it to the spec. Or perhaps I just can't find it right now...