RE: overloading definition in p:pipeline

I think that only the first pipeline is a valid XProc pipeline. The other two will be rejected because you can't change the properties of the default input ("source") and output ("result") ports. The properties of the default input/output ports are primary="true" and sequence="false".

...but a strange thing is that I can't find any relevant text about this in the spec even though I thought there was some text about it in section 4.1 (p:pipeline). And as I am thinking about it now, I am also not sure now whether you can specify <p:input port="source"/> or <p:input port="source" primary="true"/> in p:pipeline *at all*.

I had a similar question in the past (1/25/2008, Comments on Editor's Draft 9 January 2008). This was the reply:

| 5.Section 4.1 (p:pipeline): "All p:pipeline pipelines have an implicit
| primary input port named "source' and an implicit primary output port
| named "result". Any input or output ports that the p:pipeline declares
| explicitly are in addition to those ports and may not be declared
| primary."
|
| So, is it allowed to explicitly specify the implicit input/output ports
| inside p:pipeline? If so, is it possible to redefine their properties
| (primary, sequence)? Is the following permitted?

No. The implicit declarations of source/result cannot be repeated or
changed. Of course, you can use p:declare-step if you want to have
different values.

--

So it seems to me that this requirement (plus also the properties of the implicit "source" and "result" ports) didn't make it to the spec. Or perhaps I just can't find it right now...

Vojtech