text output from xslt

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:32:48 -0800
To: "XProc WG" <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

I'm motivated to try to satisfy part of comment #26 in that we could
easily support non-XML output methods (e.g. 'text' and 'html') by saying
that these are wrapped in a c:result element.

This would require some knowledge of the output method.  Certain APIs
for XSLT do not provide that information easily as the result of the
transformation
is streamed to the receiving object.  As a result, this could be difficult to
implement this.

...but supporting text or html might be really nice.  For example, a simple
pipeline could transform a document into *HTML* using html serialization
and then use the http-request step to send it to a web service (e.g. a
PUT request to store it).