Re: Excluding prefix on p:inline (was Re: XProc Minutes 31 Jan 2008)

On Feb 5, 2008 9:49 AM, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just one question
>
> If my pipeline is in "XML 1.1 with Namespace 1.1" , can I process "XML
> 1.0 with Namespace 1.0" without problems ?

I would think you can. The XML of the pipeline being in XML 1.1 or 1.0
just influences the XML parser.

> So as 99% of the XML documents are in XML 1.0 with Namespaces 1.0, I
> would strongly object if we mandate the output of the pipeline to also
> be XML 1.1 with Namespace 1.1.

This would not imply that the output of pipelines have to be XML 1.1.
Yes, this enables you to write pipelines that produce documents that
cannot be serialized faithfully in XML 1.0. But this is something you
already have even with pipeline using XML 1.0 (e.g. using XSLT 2.0 you
can produce an output that doesn't match the constraints of XML 1.0).

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
Orbeon's Blog: http://www.orbeon.com/blog/